29 September 2009

Dinoto News September 2009: A new assistant teacher at Dinoto; Spring Bash; Matric Dance

Gruess Gott to Dinoto!

My name is Ntando aka Ulrike and I'm the new teacher assistant from Germany. I've arrived 3 weeks before and will stay until August 2010. I want to thank my colleagues and learners for the warm welcome you gave me and I'm looking forward to great teamwork during the next 12 months.

Spring Bash

My first week in Dinoto ended a bit untypical with the Spring Bash. It was also the first time for me wearing a school uniform together with the other teachers. The learners organized a fashion contest as well as show dances and prepared delicious food. It was a nice and relaxing day for the whole school family.

Matric Dance

Moreover at Friday the 25th September the Matric Dance took place in Birchwood Conference Centre in Benoni. The learners were tarted up in their dresses and suits so that it was hard to recognise them. After the (late) bus brought them to the wonderful decorated place the program started and Mrs. Sibeko led through the evening. After the opening prayer by Mr. Mhlongo, Mr. Sikhosana delivered his speech naming the learners for one evening "ladies and gentlemen". After the guest speaker's speech Sithembiso replied for the twelfth grade thanking teachers and parents for not only teaching but preparing them for life. Subsequently the best learners of every subject and the three overall best learners were honoured with certificates by Mr. Bareki, Mr. Mogowe and Ntando. Then Mr. White concluded with his speech and the whole room was singing the national anthem.

After the "official" part of the evening it was time for delicious refreshments and dancing - a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment